What's Causing This Error
There could be several causes behind the 'WordPress image alt text not showing' issue.
- Theme-Specific Issue: Your WordPress theme might not be correctly configured to display alt text.
- Incorrect Alt Text Entry: You may have entered the alt text incorrectly or not at all during the image upload process. WordPress doesn't automatically generate alt texts for your images.
- Caching Problem: Sometimes, caching plugins can cause a delay in updating content changes on the website, which might include updates to alt text.
- Plugin Conflicts: If you're using plugins that modify image behavior on your site, they might interfere with the display of alt text.
Solution - Here's How To Fix It
Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:
- Check Your Theme: Switch to a default WordPress theme (such as Twenty Twenty) temporarily and see if the problem persists. If the alt text shows, it means there is a problem with your regular theme.
- Re-enter Alt Text: Make sure you have entered the alt text correctly for your image. Go to Media > Library in your WordPress dashboard, select the image, and edit the alt text field.
- Clear Your Cache: Clear your WordPress site cache using your caching plugin or server-side caching tool. This step will ensure your latest content changes are reflected on the website.
- Deactivate Plugins: Deactivate any image-related plugins one by one to check if they're causing the issue. If the alt text starts showing after deactivating a particular plugin, then that plugin is likely the source of the problem.